Sunday, May 27, 2012

Alicia's chicken "adobo"





Alicia's chicken "adobo"
My son swears this is technically NO adobo...
but oh well... My Lela and Lelo made it like this for 
all their lives and called it that... so it is, what it is. :)

brown chicken, and I mean BROWN it up...
with garlic in a large pot
(sometimes I have to do this in SMALL batches for it to brown up)
(I use about 8 chicken thighs for 4-5 people, and a small amount of garlic, you have to figure out to your taste)
add vinegar to taste, (for 8 chicken thighs I use about 1/4 C vinegar)
add tomato (for 8 chicken thighs I used *about* half a small tomato)
-----------
cook down tomato until it shrivels a bit
----------
pour filtered fresh water over chicken until chicken is just covered

simmer with lid slightly ajar until most of the liquid is cooked off

remove lid, turn heat up, stir and brown until chicken is ... well... 'adobo-y' 

lol- This is how cooks cook... you gotta cook to your 'taste' :)

Enjoy!  
AliciaInHawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment